Let’s say you’ve started an affiliate marketing program to help boost your sales. It’s more than likely you’ll be encouraging your affiliates to use a wide range of high-quality content to help promote your products and services.
While planning your content offerings, make sure that you include affiliate product reviews in the mix. These will provide an unrivaled potential to boost your revenues while simultaneously educating potential customers about your brand.
What’s an Affiliate Product Review?
After you’ve set up your program using your affiliate system software, you’ll start recruiting partners. Those partners will promote your products to their audiences, and one of the methods they can use to do that is a product review.
That review will include your partner’s honest opinions about your product. They’ll typically provide an overview of your product — what it is, where it was manufactured, material composition, etc. — then they’ll dive into how they feel your product stacks up against the competition:
- Affiliate reviews may cover the pros and cons of your product in comparison to competing products that fill the same niche.
- Competent reviewers will often include high-quality imagery of your product from every angle — highlighting flaws and showcasing your product’s best features.
- Affiliate reviewers will often describe what sort of user they feel your product is appropriate for and how they might get the most from it.
- If they’re particularly knowledgeable, an affiliate reviewer will include a section in their review detailing potential improvements to a product that might make it more useful for the intended target audience.
It’s not uncommon for affiliate reviews to include a call-to-action at the end — which will prompt interested prospects to learn even more about your brand, direct them toward your site, and hopefully spur them into making a purchase.
Done correctly, affiliate reviews can be a great way to generate leads and boost your business. Next, let’s look at some of the specific benefits that incorporating affiliate product reviews into your strategy might yield.
Why Do Affiliate Product Reviews Matter?
Product reviews will help you establish a relationship with new affiliates. What starts as a one-off or a short series of product reviews can easily blossom into a long-term partnership between your brand and a trustworthy affiliate. An affiliate like this will be sure to get your product in front of potential customers who fit your niche.
This is usually a net positive. Reviews in particular, though, will provide some noteworthy benefits for your bottom line — which include:
- Offering social proof to prospective customers. Customers are more likely to buy something if they can find positive reviews on it and proof that other people have used the product and enjoyed it. Affiliate reviews help you establish social proof for your products by way of a trusted personality within your niche.
- Informing customers of your product’s best features. In creating reviews for your products, affiliate reviewers will often highlight all the best reasons that customers should be choosing your offerings over a competitor’s product.
- Educating customers on how to use your products. While reviewing your product, affiliates will usually demonstrate the basics on how to operate it, so the review will often double as a quick tutorial for new customers.
- Prompting customers to make a purchase. Depending on the skill of the affiliate and the strength of your product, that review may well be the piece of content that convinces a new customer to purchase from you.
Of course, this is all assuming that you can find the right affiliates to start making reviews for you. Moving on, let’s delve into techniques you can use to bring new affiliates into your program and have them start generating high-quality reviews for your brand.
How Can You Get Affiliates to Review Your Product?
You’ll need to make sure you’re recruiting the types of affiliates that are knowledgeable about what you do. They should be capable of creating reviews that showcase your product while entertaining prospects.
Your existing customer base is a great place to look for new affiliates. They already know your products, likely have a passion for the specific field your business occupies, and have probably been building a relationship with your brand.
If you’ve been diligent about building your email database, then inviting existing customers to your affiliate program will be as simple as sending off a carefully worded message. There’s a wealth of material out there on drafting recruitment emails. For this guide, though, just remember the following points:
- Craft a descriptive and engaging subject line.
- Lead with a polite introduction.
- Explain your proposition succinctly.
- Direct them to your affiliate program.
- Thank them for their time.
While you might not be able to recruit every customer, a detailed approach like this will help you bring enough into your program to start doing some reviews.
What if you want to try to recruit competent affiliates from outside your current customers? For that, you’ll need to start by asking yourself what your ideal affiliate looks like. You can use your existing customers as a base — and from there, use the right affiliate marketing tools to start your recruitment drive.
Most affiliate software has features in place to help you attract new partners to your program. Be sure to take advantage of them to maximize the number of quality affiliates you bring aboard. You might even try approaching popular influencers within your space. Ask them if they would be willing to partner with you to prompt your products.
Once you have your affiliate team in place, figuring out how to get affiliates to review your product will be as simple as sending products to your partners and asking them to write or record their honest opinions in exchange for compensation. Your partners will disseminate their reviews to their audiences, and a percentage of those audiences will convert into paying customers.
How Can You Ensure That You Have the Right Affiliate Marketing Tools in Place?
Affiliate reviews can be great for your business, but getting them hinges upon you recruiting the right affiliates to promote your products. Bringing aboard the right affiliates, in turn, relies on having robust affiliate system software, like LeadDyno.
Its built-in tools streamline the process of recruiting and onboarding affiliates, allowing you to add new partners with minimal effort. This frees you up to concentrate on other pressing business matters and continue pushing so that your business can continue to grow.
Ready to get started?
Launch or grow your affiliate program with LeadDyno.