Blogging vs Affiliate Marketing: Blogging and affiliate marketing may seem like two sides of the same coin. However, the fact is they use different types of models to generate income.
To get started with your passive income stream from blogging and affiliate marketing, here is what you need to know:
Let’s start with some basic similarities between blogging and affiliate marketing.
- Both work through the internet.
- Both have high income generating potential.
- Starting a blog or an affiliate marketing campaign is easy.
- The skill set required to work on them are mostly the same (e.g.: creating ads, driving traffic, internet marketing skills).
- They require little to no investment.
Most brands look for the number of readers and followers’ that bloggers have on their social media websites before offering them affiliate positions. They also check the target audience.
Benefits and drawbacks
Blogging essentially means to write on a topic that you are interested in. The advantages to the blogger include:
- Improving the knowledge of the topic that they write on.
- Different ways of making money through the same blog.
- No taking orders from others. You are the boss of your own blog.
However, there are some disadvantages as well. Some of these are:
- Very time consuming to work every day. At least 2 hours a day to manage and keep your blog updated.
- You have to be patient when it comes to earning money. Takes time to get brands onboard.
- It is very difficult for beginners to gain high blog traffic due to the cutthroat competition.
- Once you have selected a topic, you have to stick to it. You cannot change the topic.
- Maintaining and managing numerous blogs is very hard and takes a lot more time.
In comparison to blogging, affiliate marketing moves the risk from the brands towards the bloggers. It’s a pay per-click basis marketing method. Many bloggers earn as high as six figures when it comes to affiliate programs. However, they won’t get paid if their work doesn’t translate into sales.
Pros and Cons
Affiliate marketing is all about the promotion of the product for money. Its advantages include:
- No special skills are required (except basic computer skills).
- You can start earning money as soon as you start.
- It is easier to choose from any kind of niche that is in demand on the market.
- Potential to earning money is higher than blogging.
- Managing and promoting numerous affiliate programs is quite easy.
- You have to spend only a minimum time of 30 minutes per day. That’s very less time as compared to blogging.
However, there are some drawbacks as well. These include:
- Increasing expenses to pay for the traffic.
- Managing campaigns inefficiently results into you losing all your money. This could also happen if your product loses its demand.
- Google keeps changing their search engine algorithms; if you don’t stay updated you lose the clients and your income.
If you are looking for Affiliate marketing training, Lead Dyno is the right place for you! We will guide you on how to start an affiliate program right away! Call us on +1-888-340-6425 to start right now!