Here’s an easy way to capture AND quantify conversions with our Shopify Adwords tracking. In this article, I’ll show you how to set this up.
Now, let’s get your Adwords conversion tracking going…
1. Go to Marketing – Tracking Campaigns in your
LeadDyno account and select Create New Tracking Campaign (from the drop down in the upper-right).
2. Give your campaign a name (ie. Shopify Adwords Tracking). I recommend creating one campaign per Adwords Ad Group (so that you can figure out which Ad Groups are working for you).
As an aside – in my experience Google does a good job of split testing ads for you… but a poor job in quantifying your conversions. So we use LeadDyno to figure out the ROI of each ad group… which is easy to do, because LeadDyno is already plugged into your Shopify store and knows who bought what. Unlike Google, which has you install “conversion code” that is not nearly as sophisticated.
3. When you click Save Campaign, LeadDyno will generate an Adwords Tracking Link for you… like this one:
4. Now, edit or create a new Google Ad, and use this LeadDyno Campaign Tracking Link as your Target URL.
5. And you’re done! LeadDyno will now capture every visit, lead, AND sale that you receive via this link! And it will also capture specifically WHO signed up and bought from you.
For example, this Tracking Link (and corresponding Ad Group) generated exactly 1081 clicks, 137 sign ups, 33 sales, and 10 refunds:
You can even use this information for sales follow up. For example, the Leads tab will contain everyone who signed up with you… so you can follow up with these people direct. And you know exactly how they found your Shopify store – it came from the Google Ad that contains this campaign link.
You can also see specifically who bought what by clicking on the Customers tab.
If you have any questions about setting this up, please contact our marketing team. We’re happy to help you get your Shopify Adwords Tracking setup.